Saturday, August 15, 2009

Domestic Diva.....

Those of you who know me, know that I do NOT cook. However, today, I actually planned my weekly menu. I sat down with a cookbook and made notes. I shopped. I bought actual ingredients for meals. Several of them. I know. I know. Something must be wrong. I do not like to cook. I am not great at it. What's the deal? I have a new class of students to get into shape. I go to work early. I stay late. I work on weekends, too. I don't have TIME to do all of the cooking and all of the domestic diva-ness.

Nevertheless, I have purchased all manner of meats and produce. I'll let you know how this goes.

I really think I am motivated by being absolutely.tired.of.everything.we.eat.already. I am also too tired when we come home to put on lipstick and go back out to eat. It cuts into my recliner time. And since this surgery, I am all about the recliner time. Especially after being with children all day long.

So, I'll let you know how my channeling of Paula Deen goes.......but it will have to wait until Monday..........

'Cause the Big promised the Little that we'd go to Picadilly tomorrow right after Church....his Pop Pop would have been so proud......and after all, who am I to mess with tradition?

So for now, I'll just stick it all in the "rotter" as Brandon would say.....

'Cause nothing ever gets any more crisp in the crisper, Princess....it never does.......

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should say, I am so proud of you!!! No wonder why we have never discussed cooking before- you know how I feel about it- who else can eat Ramen for lunch for an entire school year???

    ReplyDelete