Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Distant Possibility.....

This week has been interesting......



I started school on Tuesday with a full class of 17 students. They are sweet and we are learning all about one another. I see my "last year's class" going down the hall to second grade. It makes me sad. It makes them sad, too. I love how they linger at the doorway as they walk down the hall to catch a glimpse into our room. The extreme classroom makeover they helped me do in May is working out wonderfully. I also miss Cassie, the wonderful student teacher I had from day one last year. She is with her own class of kindergarteners now. They are so lucky! I will have a new intern next Friday. She is going to be so excited! She was in my UofA class last fall. I really liked her as a student, so I know she is going to do a great job in my room. I want to email her, but I can't until the 19th. It's funny that I know and she is dying to know (they always are). I'd love to tell her, but we'd both get in trouble and that would be the end of interns for me.



Suzanne at the adoption agency also called on Wednesday. She has a birthmother who is due in November and wanted to share a little about her with me. By the time she finished talking, I was wishing I hadn't heard all that I had heard. Some things, you just can't "unhear". She does not know the sex of the baby, but is going to find out. I could not decide what to do. I wanted to want this situation so badly, but I could not muster the energy. I could not decide if it was residual funk from my surgery, the fact that school had started and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, or what. Truthfully, I was about as excited as if someone told me we were having seafood for dinner. yuck. Suzanne said to "think about it" and let her know by Friday.



So, I called my dear friend, Jennifer, who has walked every path in the road to adoption. We talked for a long time and she helped me see that this was NOT the perfect situation for me. That I don't have to "settle" for a situation that is not perfect for our family, just so the WAIT can be over. I knew that. I just needed to hear it from someone else. I still thought and prayed about it, but on Friday, I called and told Suzanne that we would pass on this situation. They were fine. They were gracious. They did not judge. I was relieved. And just to pour salt in my wounds, I asked about the baby that was born in July, the one where "S" picked the other couple instead of us, and just as I knew it would be, she said, "It was a girl.........." sigh..........



But then, my across the cove neighbor, Miss Linda, told me about a situation where a church member of hers and his girlfriend are expecting twin GIRLS in December, and they don't know what they are going to do. They are both young and just starting college. Miss Linda told the boy's father about us, and she delivered a letter and our KidsLife Magazine article to the family.



Now THIS is exciting! It may not go anywhere......but then again......you never know......



And I have a little more pep in my step and a dream in my heart......all because of a distant possibility Princess.......all because of a distant possibility...........

Delight yourself in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. ~ Psalm 37:4,5

1 comment:

  1. What a literal DREAM come true twin girls would be!!!! TWO Sandy Planktons- one pink and one purple!!!!

    The baby from July was just a tease- God making sure that your true desire is a girl!!!

    Please call when you hear any details on the girls- and I mean ANY detail!!!!

    ReplyDelete