Thursday, June 25, 2009

They Say It Comes in Threes......

First the death of Ed McMahon......

then Farrah Faucett.........

now, in the same day, Michael Jackson.......

What a strange week indeed. Can you imagine the scene with St. Peter? And let's pray they all know our Lord and are actually at the Pearly Gates..............

News of Michael's death brought me right back to Gordon Elementary about 16 years ago. I was a kindergarten teacher in a very inner-city school. In fact, I was the first white lady many of my school children had ever seen, much less had direct contact with on a daily basis. I no longer remember the names or the faces of the two children with whom the following conversation ensued.....but it is one that's repeated in my family any time Michael Jackson is mentioned......

Child 1: "Miaah Beh-REE....tell him dat Michael Jackson wah black when he be little and now he be big an' he be white....."
Child 2: (looks at me expectantly)
Me: "Well, that's how it looks, now isn't it?"

The Little Prince comes through the bedroom just now where CNN is reporting this breaking news......he pauses, then looks at me and says, "Momma, was Michael Jackson famous?"

The Big Prince and I look at each other astounded. "Yes, baby, he was...."

What a difference a decade makes Princess....what a difference it makes......

No comments:

Post a Comment